On a daily basis we work with harmful materials knowingly or unknowingly, here are few dos and donts you need to keep in mind before working on it.
Safety first- When handling and disposing
There are many harmful materials such as asbestos which can cause issues such as cancer, so when dealing with things like asbestos removal you need to be really careful. Firstly you need to make sure you are dressed properly this is especially when you aren’t a professional. You shouldn’t wear loose clothing as there is a risk of the material touching your skin. According to experts you should not use powered tools as it generates dust so use hand tools such as hand saw which generates small amount of dust. It is best if you can let the experts handle these kinds of jobs but it is usually expensive and not everyone can afford it. When working indoors make sure you isolate the area you are working at with rest of the house and also there should be a lot of ventilation so keep windows and doors open. This material is very toxic so you need to have fresh air and for extra safety cover your face with a mask so you don’t breathe too much of this harmful material. If you have any pets or small children then make sure they are not at home or nowhere near the area you are working at. Also it is important to inform your neighbours before working with such material as they can keep their doors closed when your work is in process. Once the work is done you should clean the place thoroughly and make sure that there is no trace of the material. It is advisable to put the material in a plastic bag with a label on it and you should not overfill it as there is a risk for it to tear which can harm other people.
Things you need to avoid- Donts
The professionals who do asbestos Toowoomba advice not to deal with this material on a windy day so don’t work on it when the weather looks too gloomy. Also you shouldn’t clean the place with your regular house broomstick or the vacuum cleaner, and you shouldn’t leave the remains of asbestos at your home, it is important to get rid of it as soon as possible. Do not try to remove the material by yourself without doing a thorough research on it.As mentioned in the starting this material is extremely dangerous hence why one needs to be very careful when working with it. Even a tiny mistake can lead to negative consequences in your health.